Before After
I think we can all agree that the original plates were heinous. So score 1 for me in this first really visible improvement! And yes, I will switch the switch so it's not red anymore.
Then I spent at least 2.5 hours spackling. I detest people who put tons of holes in their walls and contractors that use tiny nails and staples without puddying after. Ugh!!!
Case in point...look how many holes puddied in just HALF the closet (pink spots)
But once the spackling was done, we went and bought the paint (and chips and beer!) and got to it. Started with the red wall in my bedroom.After some time of doing what we could to make the paint go on nicely...we finally called it. I'm having a hard time because yesterday dad was in town and we picked colors for all my rooms and I was SO excited to paint, then today we paint and it goes on streaky and you can still see the horrible pattern from underneath.
Michele was quite a help though
See the streaks?
But we bucked up, and moved on.
Today's accomplishments: switch plates, spackled all my room, changed out shower curtain, spackled and prepped for office painting, cleaned kitchen (dusted/washed top of fridge and cabinets, wiped out inside of cabinets, scrubbed kitchen counters), and started putting things away. It's starting to feel like a home.
However...the dust in this place...gross.
Until tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment