"The only death that ever accomplished anything, that is ever worth celebrating, is Jesus'. Osama was a dearly loved child of God that He would have rather him turn from his evil than perish in his evil. Not at all worth celebrating." - Melynda O'Brien
I cannot say that a part of me isn't in fact glad he's dead...but the bigger part of me mourns the demise of a child of God.
Osama, I wish that you hadn't done what you did. I wish that you had come to love the Father that created you in His image. I wish that you had come to know what it is like to love and not to hate. I hate what you did. I hate that you killed my countrymen. I hate that you took away the lives of innocent people, both American and Middle Eastern. I hate that you changed my nation for the worse, and I hope we can recover someday. But I love you because God commands me too, and I will be obedient to Him the best I can. It is too late now, what's done is done. The only death I will celebrate is the death of Christ, because that death saved me.
I am proud of our troops. I am happy for the peace that families of victims of your terror have found tonight. But am I happy? I am torn. I am scared.
Tonight my nation changed again. I will always remember this day too. Perhaps this is a good day for our country and the free world, but for humanity? I am not sure yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment