Monday, August 30, 2010

World Cup.

11 July 2010

Spain 1-0 Netherlands. Boo.

I couldn’t help but wish I was with the SFS staff watching the finals instead of all the strange European tourists I was surrounded by. Daniel got me into the World Cup, it would have been fun to watch the final with him. But again, watching it made me feel a little connection to the staff. Like I knew we were both watching the same game at the same time. Sentimental, I know, but it was nice to have that small connection. I think the World Cup did its job though; it brought people from all across the world together for one common interest. It bonded people and I can’t begin to count all the people I’ve met or grown close to by sitting down together watching soccer. So way to go FIFA. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment