28 June 2010
So today we made brownies. Finally. And brownies don’t exist in Kenya so in return for all the wonderful culture the Maasai have shown us…we introduced them to brownies (which Kiringe called “bro-nies”). Nickson and Moses loved them. When we asked Kiringe if he liked them he said “No way” but that’s nothing compared to Shem’s response. First it took us a lot A LOT of convincing to get him to even try it. He said “I’m going to need a lot of support.” So we cheered him on and he put the piece of brownie in his mouth and his eyes got huge and he tried to chew. He kept saying it was stuck. Then we asked him if he liked it and he said “It’s still not gone.” It was quite an experience. I am going to miss the staff…SO much. Especially Daniel. But he might drive mom, dad and I to Amboseli and back. That would be amazing. Gah, only 8 days left. Makes me want to cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment