8 July 2010
I really miss the staff from NPS but it is getting better. Perhaps because I texted Moses and Nickson today, and talked to Daniel on the phone.
However, at Amboseli , I made quite a few friends. Kennedy and John in particular became buddies of mine, so to speak. Small world- Kennedy knows Daniel, Kiringe, Okello, and Shem! It made me so happy to meet him because I felt a little closer to the staff I miss and love. John is a pastor who asked me, when he found out that I was from the states, if I would help him track down an American study Bible he’s been hoping to get. We became fast friends and watched World Cup together. I think the World Cup is an amazing thing, because all of the staff members I got to know were because I was the one guest who wanted to watch the Netherlands vs. Uruguay game. So all of them got to know me as the girl who watches the football. Especially the hotel manager. He even went looking for me last night to take me to the conference room to watch the game.
We’ve been blessed with really good game drivers too. I talked to our new driver, Oromat, today in Maasai Mara. He’s originally from the Nairobi area so he was familiar with Kitengela :)
The view from our room is stellar and I love this park quite a lot already. Looking forward to the next few days. Oh, and I met the wife of our hot air balloon pilot. She was on the plane sitting in front of me on the way from Nairobi to here. We chatted quite a lot since she’s from BC Canada. I’m making connections all over the place, it’s so much fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment