6 July 2010
Today I parted ways with NPS, the staff, and my friends. Saying goodbye to the camp wasn’t as hard this morning because I’d basically done that last night with Brenna. We went up the hill and watched the sun set and had an amazing conversation. That girl is really very special. And this morning when we left it was pitch black out, so it wasn’t as though I could really take in the goodbye. Then I said goodbye to Charles and Moses. It too wasn’t as hard mostly because there was so much commotion that my heart couldn’t dwell on that for too long. Though I can already feel myself missing Moses and Charles, but mostly Daniel. Then, the worst, I had to say goodbye to my classmates and Brenna. That was hard, I couldn’t even watch Brenna walk away. Kara, Victoria, Elise, and Evan made me cry too, dang them! I was really lucky with the friends I met. I already miss Jay and Brenna more than I can tell. Finally, after much waiting with Ian, Olivia and Erica, I spotted my dad walking toward me. I gave him a huge hug and started to tear. It was great to see him. And so one chapter of my life in Kenya ended, and my vacation with family began. Off to Amboseli!
No comments:
Post a Comment