06 June 2010
I smell. My ankles are swollen. And I’m sweaty.
And I haven’t even gone on the long flight.
Long running pants were a good idea for maybe one or two flights, but I wish I would’ve worn a skirt instead. Now I know better. I don’t mean to be a negative nancy, it’s just I have 9 more hours to kill in this airport and I kinda feel like garbage. I’m not feeling well liked right now. Not that I’m annoying people, I just kinda wish I had someone that I felt more connected with. I’m being impatient I’m sure. And I wish I would have brought my converter/adapter in my carry on.
My flights weren’t so bad so far. The first two were actually lovely. I had tons of room and got to sleep. The one from Newark to London was less enjoyable because of my cranky man next to me and just general lack of space. But that’s okay, I survived it. I hope I don’t totally crash when we get there.
I opted not to go into London. I just think it’ll make me sweatier and crankier. Plus I’m going to see London on my way back in a better circumstance. I’m just really uncomfortable because of the bloating in my ankles and calves. L
I wish I didn’t feel the need to be liked.
(cont.)
Delayed 3 hours IN the plane. Surrounded by children from Dublin (okay, high school students but same difference). Plug in to watch movies broken/now working. Didn’t get any sleep on the flight. Ugh. I did not enjoy the flight to Nairobi. Good thing I was going to…NAIROBI!!!
The drive from the airport to the camp was amazing. Zebra everywhere. EVERYWHERE. The babies are the cutest. Flights may have sucked, but the drive totally made up for it. This is Africa.
No comments:
Post a Comment