Tuesday, June 21, 2011

my plate.

Chicken, orange, apple and almond salad topped with homemade honey mustard vinegarette
Oh so yummy.

Hello Bloggers! While I'm busy busy with home improvements I'm also busy busy with revamping my pantry/fridge/freezer! And I don't mean adding cool decorations or papering the pantry shelves.

I mean getting healthy!
I saw a dietitian last week and we have come up with a food plan for me and it's nothing crazy, it's "MyPlate".

The new USDA sponsored eating plan is the plate instead of the pyramid. So now when I'm making a meal I make sure to have half of my meal be fruits and veggies, and have a protein and a whole grain.

This isn't rocket science people. It's pretty simple. But for some reason visualizing the plate has been super helpful for me. I'm also planning all my meals. I bought this adorable organizer from the one and only Target that helps me plan my meals which will help me save money and prevent unbalanced days!

Feeling healthier already :)
More home improvements to come!

In case you were looking for an easy homemade dressing recipe:

2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Wisk together ingredients. Serve.
Yields: 4 Tbsp

1 comment:

  1. I love "MyPlate" I use it a lot with my patients, especially diabetic patients/nutrition counseling. :) Good stuff. Keep up the good work, Lo. Your body and your long-term health are soooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete