Thursday, April 7, 2011

sour grapes.

I find that I am not a very consistent blogger, as much as I'd love to be. I apologize for that, if anyone is actually reading.

Right now my tummy is grumbling and all I want to eat is wheat thins with the amazing spinach dip my amazing roommate made...but instead I'm eating grapes that are so tart that my lips purse with every bite. Why am I doing this you may ask? Because of a little thing called WeightWatchers. That's right folks, I'm on a diet.

For the past 16 years of my life I've lived at an unhealthy weight. I can't even fathom what it'd be like to be "thin" or to not feel "fat" ALL the time. Now of course I realize that being "thin" doesn't mean you won't feel "fat", but even so, there has never been a day in the last SIXTEEN years that I've looked in the mirror and thought "You look thin today". I tell you this not to be depressing or through myself a pity party...just to give some background.

So summer after 7th grade my mom and I went on WeightWatchers and I lost twenty-five pounds! Go me! Though, once the school year started, just put it back on :( Anyway, this year I've been increasingly frustrated with my lack of weight loss considering how much I went to the gym (4-6x a week!). It occurred to me that while I was working out a lot, I was also eating a lot. So I thought to myself 'When is the only time you've ever successfully lost weight?' and of course that summer popped into my head.

So there, that's why I'm now on WeightWatchers.

How's it going? Well, week one was a breeze...I thought to myself 'This is great! I'm totally into this!' and I lost...(drum roll please)...FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS! I was pleased.

Then "Week of Doom" (as I like to call it) struck...and so did "falling off the wagon". Ugh. Fortunately I only gained 0.1 lb, but let me tell you, it's hard to get back on once you fall off.

It's only been A WEEK! I am sort of frustrated with myself because I haven't been doing well this week either, but I'm trying to take one day at a time...wish me luck.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment