Sunday, November 7, 2010

rain.

Let the Rain by Sara Bareilles

I wish I were pretty. I wish I were brave.
If I owned this city, I'd make it behave.
And if I were fearless, and I'd speak my truth,
The world would hear this.
That's what I wish I'd do.

If my hands could hold them, you'd see,
I'd take all these secrets in me,
and I'd move and mold them to be
something I'd set free.

I wanna darken in the skies,
Open the flood gates up,
I wanna change my mind,
I wanna be in love.
I want the water in my eyes,
I wanna cry until the end of time.
I wanna let the rain come down, make a brand new ground.
Let the rain come down, make a brand new ground.
Let the rain come down tonight.

Hold onto worry, so tight.
It's safe in here right next to my heart.
I'm gonna shout to the top of my voice:
Let me go, let me out, this is not my choice!
And I always felt it before,
That the world was filled with much more
Than the drowning soul I've learned to be,
I just need the rain to remind me.

I wanna darken in the skies,
Open the flood gates up,
I wanna change my mind,
I wanna be in love.
I want the water in my eyes,
I wanna cry until the end of time.
I wanna let the rain come down, make a brand new ground.
Let the rain come down, make a brand new ground.
Let the rain come down tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment